Wednesday, May 16, 2012

How to ask for something in English?


In English, there are a number of ways to ask for something.You can ask for something directly with a polite question.Don't begin a sentence with 'please', but you can add 'please at then end of the sentence to be polite.


Question: Could you give me a pen, please?

Answer: Certainly, here you are.

Question: I wonder if you could help me with this problem?

Answer: I'd be happy to do that.What seems to be the problem?

Question: Could you lend me a few rupees for lunch, please?

Answer: I'd be happy to do that.How much do you need?

Question: Could you hand me that hat?

Answer: Certainly, here it is.

Question: Could I borrow your pen, please?

Answer: Certainly here you are.


More Questions.


Excuse me, when does the bus leave?

Excuse me, could you help me pick this up?

Pardon me, could you give me a hand?

Could you help me, please?

Could you fill in this form, please?

Excuse me, what time is it?

Pardon me, which form I need?

Did you buy any bread?

Do you know if she will come to the party?

Do you know when the next train leaves?



No comments:

Post a Comment